My life as traveller

So here i am looking forward to trying out if il get any benefits of being a skyteam elite member. I took sq last time with the notion that the only perks i get is priority boarding and priority checkin. These two things were not too relevant when i thought about the food(in SQ) and the supposed 3flights i was taking to Germany.

This is my 5th trip in my 3years and 7months working for the company. More than the average travel of all people in the company but around average to less average when compared to my peers in the same team. Anyhows i am still happy with this opportunity to fly and be a 'tourist'/business traveller in another country. I have always been amazed at looking at foreigners in hotels and now i am again one of them. The opportunity to stay in hotels without actually paying for it; these things are what makes it special for me.

My first time to go overseas was to go to Sydney, Australia(2007). Thanks to my company and the team i got into.

I really did not dream of traveling when i was growing up. Probably due to thinking it just really costs so much and i can't afford it. And if you ask me now how many countries i've been to; the answer is 6-8 since 2007.i've been to 6european countries(spain,poland,amsterdam,france,czech republic and germany) and only hk-macau and philippines. I guess it pays to have been an honor student(when i was younger), the achiever of the family,and the computer science graduate. I guess destiny has put me where i am. Lucky, fortunate and blessed.

Anyway back to the point of this journal. During this morning, i was waiting for a cab to catch but i've been waiting for a looooong time and yet all cabs passing by were full. I received a call from a hs friend of mine asking me where im going and he can provide me a hitch to makati. I figured that makati should have more taxis,and nearer to the airport; so i rode with him. A minute later, oli calls me and asks me where i am going. I decided to go with him since his offer of mckinley was a nearer place to the airport. I asked gan to drop me on the next corner, immediately just in time for oli's car to pass and i rode with him. Since it was kinda late already and he was worrying for me,he decided also to drop me in the airport. In the span of how many minutes,2 friends call me at almost the same time, i was drop in a corner wherein i didnt have to wait and immeiately ride the next car and i was even brought to the airport. How blessed can i be.

So that was part 1. Upon checkin, i lined up in skyteam elite line,asked the girl a possibility to get bunked up with extra legroom or exit row if it was a possibility; few seconds later she tells me that i have an exit row seat.(this is where i am typing this now) it feels very VIP-ish sitting here since people have to pay extra (i think 130eur) to sit here and im seated beside with korean(based from the book he is reading) and a dutch person (he understood what the announcement said and put down his screen when it was said in dutch that videos had to be restarted). So i thought tht was it. Pat told me to walk fast and move fast. I did. After checkin,walked, paid 750,breeze thru immigration w/o any questions, and done. It took me only 20minutes from the time i entered thr airport. So i was walking towards the gate and saw delta skyclub. I figured why not ask if i have lounge access even if im not skyteam elite plus. If im not then they'll say i cannot. Nextthing i know,im in the lounge tweeting and facebook-ing and using the lounges free wifi. I got myself mango juice and small piece of croissant just to try it out. After 10-15 min, i left and proceeded to the boarding counter.. Had priority boarding so went in earlier than everyone. And now im in.

Its been a great blessed and lucky day so far. And i pray that this continues all throughout the next couple of weeks. Please Lord! And thanks to oli cat gan klm checkin counter girl skyteamelite and deltaskyclub lounge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corregidor May 9

The future