My First Travel outside the Philippines Entry 2

And so days passed, and haven't had the time to really update my livejournal. Have been pretty busy most of the time, whether i'm usually out roaming around or at home/office working. Take note. WoRKING! Well, being able to get to here is luck, but definitely comes with a price. Last Friday was my first day of work. I felt so pressured and so scared; my screen was shared on the projector in front of everyone, besides that other people can see my screen through netmeeting. While there was discussion going on, my task was take notes of what was being discussed. Hard because sometimes I really don't get what they are talking about. Since it is my first M&M session, terms they use, processes they describe, every new thing that I just heard for my first time. It was quite an adjustment. But today, it has been better. Friday was work, then my first time to actually go to the city. Went with Raffy, took a bus to Sydney from North Ryde, which costs 4.60 AUD (*P38 if converted to peso). Expensive right? Well it's like a 45-50 minute bus ride, and it's much nicer here. They have time slots wherein the bus arrive more or less the time that is written on the bus stop. Weather was still cool, and still cool until today. Again before going to the city, had a heavy dinner. While roaming around, there were still many Asians around! I guess Sydney is 1/2 Asians 1/2 Australians or something. Anyway, we roamed around, walked and walked and walked, able to reach darling harbor, took some pictures and from 830 to 1130pm, we were mainly walking and looking around. Had an experience if hearing people on the streets shouting "F*ck yous* to each other, there was even one who shouted behind me to a person far behind him "Your ***** is as big as his spine" wherein im almost 100% sure everyone in the vicinity can hear them. Also saw bums. Got home at around 12 already, and we had to wake up early the next day to go to Bondi Beach. Waking up at 8am was a total struggle. Went first to St. James. Then went to Bondi Beach by taking two buses, 2 buses took around 1hr 30min or more. It was a public beach but a very very nice beach. Despite the cold weather, people were still all sun bathing and stuff. We tried swimming. We like stayed underwater for 30 seconds - 1 minute. It was too cold to handle... it was like being under ice. Or taking an ice cold shower early in the morning. Well we just hung out, in the afternoon, walked around and around. Bought some stuff, went to Sydney Opera house and took some pictures. At around 5 or 6pm, went back to Macquarie center for dinner then to the hotel. When I got back, had to work, but at 11 since I was tired. I went to sleep. Call time for next day was 10am. Woke up at 10, the main plan was to go to blue mountains, but since OM folks were tired, there was a change of plans. We took a ferry to go to sydney aquarium, thus it passed sydney opera house and under the bridge. Went to wildlife and sydney aquarium, to see Sharks, Manta Stingray, Koalas, Wombats, Kangaroos, etc. It waas worth the watch, and watching these animals just made me sigh in AWE. At night, had dinner in waterfront in darling harbor. Had a 350g RUM STEAK which cost us 28 AUD. Expensive! After that, got home, went to work again. then slept at around 130. Today, another work day again, went to the gym after work, tried it out, had a whopper for dinner. and now, either im going to take a nap or work.... still deciding..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corregidor May 9

The future